As Singapore primes itself for the fashion spotlight next month with the kick-off of the Asia Fashion Exchange, a group of top celebrity DJs will also be on hand to provide the right soundtrack for partying in style.
From May 16 to 19, each day of dazzling fashion will end off with stylish after-parties at the city’s hottest venues. Among the celebrated international spin doctors who will be on the decks are The Misshapes, Michaelangelo L’Acqua, Patrick Oliver, Timo Weiland, HeartsRevolution and Joseph Quartana.
Perhaps the largest attraction is New York’s The Misshapes, comprising Leigh Lezark, Geordon Nicol and Greg Krelenstein, who are also widely recognised as global tastemakers and cultural influencers in their own right. They have also collaborated with many fashion designers, including Zac Posen and Viktor & Rolf, to create runway music and remain in demand in both the fashion and music worlds. Lezark herself is a fashion icon, having modeled in campaigns for Gap,
DKNY Jeans, Lanvin for H&M, Roberto Cavalli for H&M, Mango, and Hogan. A Chanel Beauty Ambassador, Lezark also stars in Karl Lagerfeld’s Chanel film “Enter Nowhere” as well as Lagerfeld's "Lagerfeld for Hogan" summer 2011 campaign and the HBO television series "How to Make it in America".
Lending a touch of class to the fashion buzz that same night is Michaelangelo L’Acqua, W Hotels’ Global Music Director, who was formerly the Music Director of Gucci & Yves Saint Laurent after having been discovered by the labels’ then-creative director, Tom Ford in 1999. L’Acqua collaborated with Tom Ford to create a soundtrack to match Ford’s design collections across the runways of Milan and Paris. Beyond the runway, he helped define the brand identity of Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent by producing branded music compilations and DJ’ing events. To date, he has worked with some of the biggest names in fashion, producing more than 150 fashion shows in Paris, Milan, Berlin and New York for Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, John Varvatos, Jil Sander, Chanel, and Diane von Furstenberg.
For those who like it hot, Miami’s Patrick Oliver will be laying down his own blend of house and electronica at the exclusive ultra-lounge, Pangaea. Adding to the mix are designer Timo Weiland, who will be showing his collection at the FutureFashionNow runway show; and Joseph Quartana who will be at BLUEPRINT as a buyer for trendy New York boutique Seven.
Rounding off the highlights is the quirky HeartsRevolution, a boy-girl duo from the Lower East Side of New York City who have made music a joyride with their “Heartschallenger” ice cream trucks. These trucks exemplify the group’s neo-punk sensibilities by selling treats outside of shows and music festivals. The money raised goes towards funding their self-released records and tours.
- The Misshapes and W Hotels Worldwide Global Music Director Michaelangelo L’Acqua headlining at the Belvedere Vodka Official Audi Fashion Festival 2012 After Party With Mugler on May 16th at a specially created club in a secret venue. This exclusive party is by invite only, doors open from 11pm till late.
- Pangaea, Singapore’s most exclusive ultra-lounge, plays host to the fashion elite with Miami DJ Patrick Oliver, at the Audi Fashion Festival 2012 After- Party on May 17th. Doors open at 11pm with a S$40 cover charge at the door.
- The multi-talented Timo Weiland will showcase his DJ skills at the Tonight We W.E.D Blueprint Welcome Party on May 17th, at the newly renovated Loof at Odeon Towers. Doors open to the public after 11pm with no cover charge.
- Joseph Quartana spins at the Blueprint Trade Wrap Party on May 18 at Singapore’s iconic Bayside nightclub, The Butter Factory. Doors open after 10pm, standard cover charges apply.
- Crowd pleasers, HeartsRevolution will be working the dance floor at The Official AFX After-Party with E! Entertainment on May 19 at Velvet Underground. Doors open after 10pm, standard cover charges apply