Forum
Any happy single ladies here? :)
started by @Janejane0203 2 Nov 2011, 4.38 am
3 Nov 2011, 4.22 pm, #19042
globalcool wrote:
juzdawn wrote:
No doubt a single person can lead a very fulfilling life.

I'm just curious. Supposed you can find someone suitable. It won't be a perfect relationship. It will be like most relationships, with it's ups and downs.

Will you rather have that or be single?

I had to make that choice a couple of times in my life.

I chose to be in the relationship -- to give it a fair try. No relationships are perfect, so I wanted to see how we can make it work. The way I look at it, you can never know until you try. As much as I don't mind being single, I wouldn't want it for myself for the rest of my life. I would like to have a companion.

There were a lot of great memories by going through the relationships... and also some scarring ones. But hey, c'est la vie :) that's how we learn... and more importantly, it makes me appreciate being with/by myself even more.

I wouldn't enjoy being single if I didn't have to go through relationships. It's how we find ourselves :)

What about you? What would you pick?

I used to think that it's to worth my time, after being disappointed a few times and seeing people getting disappointed and hurt around me.

But I've since changed my mind. I was meeting the wrong people and I was too young. So the men I met were either also young and thus not mature enough to accept my kind -- vocal, confident, know-what-I-want sort.

But I think just as no one should blindly pursue relationships for the sake of being attached, neither should one adamantly deny oneself the possibility of meeting the right one.
posted by @juzdawn
3 Nov 2011, 5.24 pm, #19089
I am a single lady. =) I love being single because I can do what I want and it makes me happy. I know that being attached is one of the ways to enhance this existing happiness but it comes with quite a bit of negative emotions also
posted by @Jeraldine
7 Nov 2011, 1.08 pm, #19500
I'm a happy single lady! Frankly speaking, I've never been in a relationship before but somehow, watching my friends ending up in tears at the end of their relationship tells me I should be really contented being a single. I've even had a friend who had a pretty obsessive boyfriend who gets angry when she does things like tonning the night out and gets mad when she takes pictures with her guy friends. :dry:
posted by @joyomglim
7 Nov 2011, 1.41 pm, #19515
I guess it really depends on who you get involved with?

It's definitely better to be single than to end up with the wrong one. :)

But once you find someone suitable, it can be such a sweet, sweet thing.

I've been on both ends, and I guess one should never give up hoping to meet the right one. :)
posted by @juzdawn
@Yvn
7 Nov 2011, 1.45 pm, #19520
joyomglim wrote:
I'm a happy single lady! Frankly speaking, I've never been in a relationship before but somehow, watching my friends ending up in tears at the end of their relationship tells me I should be really contented being a single. I've even had a friend who had a pretty obsessive boyfriend who gets angry when she does things like tonning the night out and gets mad when she takes pictures with her guy friends. :dry:

Oh that sounds bad, that's really restrictive! Well, there are pros and cons to being single/attached. Heh! :lol:
posted by @Yvn
10 Nov 2011, 6.37 am, #20165
juzdawn wrote:
I guess it really depends on who you get involved with?

It's definitely better to be single than to end up with the wrong one. :)

But once you find someone suitable, it can be such a sweet, sweet thing.

I've been on both ends, and I guess one should never give up hoping to meet the right one. :)

Agree with you!

I just break up recently.. :(
But i look at it positively. Everything happens for a reason
posted by @huirong
21 Dec 2011, 2.10 pm, #25451
Yes of course :) i still think i'm not really to be in a relationship being single is good no boyfriend problem & lot of good best friends :)
posted by @jasmin lim
26 Dec 2011, 5.26 pm, #25865
i'm single and i'm very happy. i'm free to go everywhere i like and do whatever i like
posted by @ireneyksoh
12 Jul 2012, 10.20 am, #31800
YES HERE!!! :D I hate commitments.
posted by @Theresathy
12 Jul 2012, 2.33 pm, #31814
I've been single all my life.

I would not say I'm happy throughout my singlehood. There are times where I'm lonely especially when my friends are mostly attached etc. Times where I'm jealous when I see sweet couples in public, thinking why ain't there anyone by my side.

I've crushes. But for me, it's always either the wrong person or the wrong timing.

I've been in situations when I actually realizes my feelings for a guy and decided to bring up my courage to take the initiative only to find out that he patched back with his gf whom he broke up with weeks back. My heart was in pieces. Gosh, plus I see him everyday during that period.

I've also seen friends/family who been through bad relationships, which makes me skeptical about it.

Many girl friends have said to me, "Joyce, I think you have too high an expectation in guys. When love comes, nothing matters anymore."

But personally, about comparing the guys i've fallen for in the past years against my checklist, most of them fit 80% of the criteria with one close to 99%. lol.

And I did consult my guy friend, who assured me that my expectations are not high actually but acceptable.

Which is why for me, I would rather be single than to accept anyone that does not fit the checklist in my heart. Rather than committing myself just for the sake of being in a relationship. I rather be carefree and single, and do whatever I like.

At this point of time, I've basically accept and enjoying my singlehood. Even if this goes on, I won't mind as I know I've loving friends and family around me.

Rather a happy single life, then married to the wrong person and suffer for the rest of my life.

XD But of course, hopefully my 100% appears eventually. If not, it's the carefree singlehood for me! XD
posted by @Forensia