Forum
Girls with Ang Moh bfs
started by @globalcool 13 Oct 2011, 4.07 am
30 Oct 2011, 10.32 am, #17921
That's is love.. Cant b control
posted by @simin-88
15 Nov 2011, 8.41 am, #21198
I am married almost 5 years to my Ang Moh husband. I date him and married him not because he is an Ang Moh, but because he is an awesome person with a good personality and a heart true in loving me. It is more important of what is on the inside rather than outside. Yes I agree Ang Moh have very sharp features and is taller than most Asian guys which can contribute more to the curiosity and physical attraction factor but looks is only a very small part in a relationship. We all grow old one day... Looks will not last. You won't want your Ang Moh bf to like you just because of your looks too. LOOKS should just be a small part of the main attraction.

Believe me, with me and my husband, there is always many cultural difference and sometimes we do not see eye to eye with what is normal for us Chinese. This can become a big problem. So girls out there who are dating or wants to date an Ang Moh must be prepared for the culture differences. But love is the important key to overcome all obstacles.

Always remember to love a person for who he is rather than how he look like. :)

my Blog @ : myfatpocket.com/jessieting
posted by @tingjessie
15 Nov 2011, 10.09 am, #21220
What is with the Ang Moh obsession anyway?
posted by @Sarah_24
15 Nov 2011, 12.11 pm, #21244
tingjessie wrote:
I am married almost 5 years to my Ang Moh husband. I date him and married him not because he is an Ang Moh, but because he is an awesome person with a good personality and a heart true in loving me. It is more important of what is on the inside rather than outside. Yes I agree Ang Moh have very sharp features and is taller than most Asian guys which can contribute more to the curiosity and physical attraction factor but looks is only a very small part in a relationship. We all grow old one day... Looks will not last. You won't want your Ang Moh bf to like you just because of your looks too. LOOKS should just be a small part of the main attraction.

Believe me, with me and my husband, there is always many cultural difference and sometimes we do not see eye to eye with what is normal for us Chinese. This can become a big problem. So girls out there who are dating or wants to date an Ang Moh must be prepared for the culture differences. But love is the important key to overcome all obstacles.

Always remember to love a person for who he is rather than how he look like. :)

my Blog @ : myfatpocket.com/jessieting

Well said Jessie :)

I think that a lot of girls out there have completely lost track of this perspective. Caucasian guys are after all just like any other human guys. And a lot of people also take the cultural things for granted. It can be cute and novel at first... but they don't realize how much it really matters in the long run.

I hope for the best for you and your husband. I do hope that you both can carry on a happy relationship despite the hardships :)
posted by @globalcool
15 Nov 2011, 1.20 pm, #21299
I am perfectly alright with girls who date ang moh boyfriends because there's true love between them. But there definitely won't be 100% who are dating them for true love, could be for the looks or even for the money.
posted by @joyomglim
15 Nov 2011, 1.22 pm, #21302
mariaveronica wrote:
From what I've seen/experienced from family and friends, it might be due to the fact that Ang-moh guys are generally more gentlemanly and romantic also, TALLER than most local guys haha ;)

I agree that most of the ang moh guys I've met are more gentlemanly than Singaporean men! And they are very friendly, I've met some who just struck up a conversation with me even though I didn't even know them :lol: To be honest I love their personalities.
posted by @joyomglim
19 Nov 2011, 5.58 am, #22005
It really boils down to personal preferences? i don't know why there is a trend of asian girls dating ang mohs here in sg but it is definitely very common in the US... And I agree w/ you guys when you said these girls should be more open-minded in dating a variety of different guys, however i disagree when it comes down to stereotyping all american guys to be dumb. BUT of course I have to agreed that there are many dumbass Americans who didn't know where SG is, ive to agree with it. But to be honest, I've met quite a number of them who actually knew where singapore is. And because I've met a handful who didn't know, these guys who knew their geography amazes me to a great extent!! And so what I'm saying is, don't generalize these people. There is always nice and mean, dumb and stupid people everywhere... :)
posted by @stitchgal
24 Dec 2011, 5.14 am, #25717
its just personal preference? :) afterall you can't decide who your heart wants to love !
posted by @lovetified
24 Dec 2011, 6.05 pm, #25730
i think the most common reason why girls like angmoh guys is bcos they are more open. they know more abt how to dote on their girlfriend and to pamper them with gifts and flowers. asian guys are still kinda shy
posted by @ireneyksoh
12 Jul 2012, 10.19 am, #31799
I would want a angmo boyf because of features he have on his face. As you know asians have the worst features, and I want my baby to look good when he or she grows up.
& also the accent of a Britain, so hot...

But I dont mind settling down with an asian. If he is good enough.
posted by @Theresathy