Whether intentionally or not, we've all stumbled across the KPop scene at one point or another. How dare I be so bold as to make such an observation? Well, you're reading this post, aren't you? Guilty as charged.
But in all fairness, if we measure the strides that KPop has taken within the past few years, it only makes sense that people of all ages - Yeah, I'm looking at you, uncle and ahjummah fans - are falling every which way for these idols. The echos of K-Pop have been heard rippling across the globe but given the caliber and marketability of these entertainers, we shouldn't even be that surprised.
Admittedly, we've all been there, and if anything, we're still as wonderstruck as we were the first time around. Now I've been familiar with KPop for a few years, and as such, I'd like to think that I have a pretty good idea of what we go through as young fangirls/boys.
So for your viewing pleasure, here's 10 Warning signs you're addicted to Kpop. Feel free to sympathize, judge, or commiserate!
1) You are well-versed in at least one Kpop dance.
2) Remember that time you were going to perform the dance in a school cultural event, talent show, or what have you? Admit it, you've gone out of your way to shop for similar clothes that the idols wear in their promotions.
3) You already know how your KPop husband will ask for your hand in marriage. And so you're all, "Which hand, baby?"
4) You would do awful things to be that white towel.
5) It physically and emotionally pains you to see your beloved taking pictures, conversing, or congratulating other members of boy or girl groups.
6) Looking at pictures of your favorite idols half-dressed makes a little piece of your soul die each time.
7) This goes without saying, but your phone background has undoubtedly been a picture of your bias. So each time you check, you're just like:
8) Whenever you dream about your bias, you always seem to wake up too soon. And so you close your eyes again waiting for the same dream to occur, but that seldom happens.
So initially, it's like:
But later, it's more:
9) And those forbidden moments when someone remarks "Ew, who is that?" or "Is that a boy or a girl?"
The haters will be all like:
And you're standing there like:
10) You're convinced that one day, when the fateful day arrives and you meet your Kpop husband, you'll be all cool and graceful and he'll fall for your charms and approach you like:
But really, it's going to look like something more along the lines of: