In lieu of fashion festival month (and also because I pity my eyes from all the ducks walking down the streets), this is a piece on how to walk like a model (and most importantly, like a lady!)
Walking like a lady is the first step to walking like a model.
1. WEAR SHOES YOU CAN ACTUALLY WALK IN! The more you walk, the more you will be in pain, the more you will drag your feet or walk slower, the more our ears will hurt and the more traffic congestion you will cause. Don't wear a heel too high you cannot walk in no matter how gorgeous they look.
2. DO NOT SLOUCH OR HUNCH FORWARD. Learn to stand tall. Not only will this be good for your confidence but this will also make you look taller and slimmer. Throw your shoulders back, push your pelvis forward and if you can, perk that butt out.
3. BALANCE. Place the ball of your feet first instead of your heels. The reason why ballerinas can walk in high heels perfectly is because they dance using the balls of their feet. With the same principle of almost walking on your toes, keep most of your weight on the fall of your feet.
4. WALK IN A SINGLE FILE. Do not bump your ankles against each other when you put one foot in front of the other. Like walking on a gym beam.
5. TYRA BANKS SAID SMIZE [SMILE WITH YOUR EYES] Chin up, shoulders back and swing your hips slightly and walk like you own the world like an elegant lady with a song in your head.
6. DO NOT WALK LIKE AN NS MAN. No marching. Swing your hands gently or in small movement not straight like a solder's arm during a marching parade. Hang your arms loose and do not fidget your hands, no matter how nervous you are
7. THE MOST IMPORTANT C YOU MUST POSSESS. Not cash or car but confidence, confidence, confidence. Beauty is from within and there is no lie in this
8. IF YOU SUCCEED and made it to the runway, you owe me one.