With signs of a recovery in the Singapore economy, SITEX has attracted 36 new exhibitors including 3 foreign companies to this year’s show. The 21st edition of SITEX opens at the Singapore Expo (Halls 5, 6 and Foyer 2) from 26 to 29 November 2009, 11am – 9pm. Admission is free.
Among the new exhibitors are Allbright Technology, Album Stories, Axioo, BuyRule from Korea, EUBIQ, Foresight Marketing, Lau International, M1, Manda Photo Services from Hong Kong, Microsoft, TravelSIM from Estonia, Trek2000, Yarraa Inc, Pericom and Waliwastokm. See Appendix for full listing of new exhibitors.
Mr Chandran Nair, Deputy General Manager of SingExhibitions which manages SITEX, says “Response from the exhibitors have been very encouraging with booth space being sold out two months ahead of the event. We are optimistic about the demand for consumer electronics as there is usually a pent-up demand for attractively priced gadgets and bundle deals for year-end gifting or to reward oneself during the coming holiday season.”
Also noteworthy is the presence of three first-time overseas exhibitors – BuyRule from Korea, Manda Photo Services from Hong Kong and TravelSIM from Estonia.
Said Beatrice Shiu from Manda Photo Services Hong Kong, “SITEX is our first foray into Singapore’s consumer electronics market. We are launching a wide range of photographic equipment and products from brands like Fomex, Clik Elite and Manda at SITEX. With these products, we hope to give Singaporeans something more than what is available right now.
The year-end demand for travel-related services is one of the reasons that attracted first-time foreign exhibitor from Estonia, TravelSIM to SITEX. Said Mr Mikhail Markin, Distribution Manager of TravelSIM, “Our key objective at SITEX is to present our international roaming services in Singapore and find new business partners in the region. Our services allow holiday-makers and business travelers save considerable costs when communicating around the globe.”
Also exhibiting for the first time at SITEX is one of Singapore’s leading mobile communications provider M1. “We are excited to be participating in SITEX which is one of the most anticipated infocomm events in Singapore. It offers an excellent opportunity for us to showcase some of our latest products and services to a wider audience. Consumers looking for quality and value will not be disappointed with the very attractive deals that we have lined up for the show,” said Mr P. Subramaniam, Chief Marketing Officer of M1.
With the economy slowly emerging from a recession, the Organisers are confident to tip last year’s record of 826,000 visitors and $45 million in sales revenue.
Product Launches at SITEX
- Win 7 / Office 2007 by Microsoft
- IdeaPad Y550p notebook by Lenovo
- Toshiba Slim Series PORTÉGÉ T110/T130 Notebook PCs
- MSI’s X-Slim series X400 & X600 by Corbell Technology
- 1st home network 802.11n router with network attached storage and digital photo frame, and 2-in-1 media player with integrated 2.5in hard disk bay by D-Link
- TravelSIM roaming SIM card from Estonia
- iNO CP10 classy mobile phone for seniors, and iNO D1 mobile phone for students by Foresight Technology
- Ranger HD DVGenius 5000X Digital Video Camcorder and FP-II Security Hard Disk
- Electronic Handy Door Viewer by 1st Emperor Marketing
- A4Tech World’s First No Vibrate Gaming Mouse XL-747H, and G-Cube range of computer accessories for ladies by Vertex
- PocketDV AHD T7 Pro High Definition Camcorder, PenCam HD, and PocketCinema V20 by Aiptek
- Fomex and Manda photographic equipment from Hong Kong
- AVISION mobile scanner, ABBYY PDF Transformer, and ABBYY FineReader Professional 10 by Pericom Imaging
- 3V B10H HDMI Media Player by Bizgram
- Ultra® CompactFlash® Card 30 MB, Extreme® SDHC™ Card 60MB/s, Extreme® Pro CompactFlash® Card 90MB/s by SanDisk
- Night vision clip-on lens for night driving, and anti-UV foldable Hat by Share and Care
- Roomba Robotic vacuum cleaner refresh model 555, 563 and 583 by iRobot
- ORDRO Camcorders by Waliwastok Trading
- Ladies Go Tech Lucky Dip (Redemption at entrance of Hall 5) – females stand to win attractive prizes with $200 accumulated in a single receipt.
- “All I Want For X’mas” Lucky Draw (Redemption at entrance of Hall 5) – For every $100 accumulated in a single receipt, visitors will receive a chance to win $2000 cash and a gadget of their choice.
- Travel Tech – a new segment that features gadgets that are not only packed with performance but also extremely portable for that out-of-town trip.
- Cash Converters (Hall 5, Booth 5A00) – Visitors can exchange their quality electronic products for instant cash to finance their new purchases.
- Go Green With SITEX (entrance of Hall 6) – eWaste Recycling & Paper Recycling On-the-Go. Visitors will be recycling for a good cause as proceeds will be donated to the Society for the Physically Disabled (SPD).
SITEX is organised by Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF) and managed by SingExhibitions. For more information, visit www.sitex.com.sg.