Oh the iPhone. It’s sleek and glossy, beautiful and chic, the IT phone that is simply a must-have for every young urbanite on the go. We could continue to wax lyrical about the many virtues of the iPhone, but one of the best functions of the iPhone that has everybody going gaga over the iPhone is definitely its applications, or apps, for short.
With apps ranging from the ever popular games such as Tap Tap Revenge and Bejewled, to the apps delivering the latest news and information, you are constantly entertained and well-informed even when on the go.
More than just mere fashion news, some of these fashion apps show you behind the scenes at fashion shows, have interactive games, and even help you dress up. Here we show you 6 of our very favourites that would ensure that you have the world of fashion right at your very fingertips!
For the most comprehensive fashion guide and news source possible, download Style.com’s iPhone application, which would allow you to see the latest runway shows, right in the palm of your hand Other than the latest runway shows, you will also get to enjoy the newest ready-to-wear and couture shows, exclusive party photos, and the Style File blog. Your device will be automatically updated to always display the most current coverage. In addition to perusing every look from New York London, Milan, and Paris, you can also stream and watch Style.com’s entire library of runway videos.
Other features of this amazing application includes:
- Ready-to-wear shows: All the looks from New York, London, Milan, and Paris, including the new Fall 2009 collections
- Look of the Day: Who wore it well? Cast your vote for the “Look of the Day”
- Style File blog: All content, images, and text, constantly updated
- Party coverage: The latest reports and party pics from the New York and global social scenes
- Runway videos: The Style.com video library of runway shows, including feedback from front-row faces, hosted by Tim Blanks
- Men’s collections: All the looks from New York, Milan, and Paris, including the new Fall 2009 shows
With this application, you can be sure that you will always be kept up with the latest happenings in the fast paced fashion industry.
Always having trouble with organizing your wardrobe or deciding on an outfit to wear? Pocket Closet turns your iPhone or iPod Touch into your personal wardrobe manager! This nifty little application helps you catalog your clothing and fashion accessories and allows you to easily add your own photos. Then organize your fashion items into the outfits you wear!
Some of the features of Pocket Closet:
- With all the contents of your closets, drawers, and jewelry boxes entered in with the upload of your photos, group your items into outfits. For example, a top, jeans, and shoes could make up an outfit. Categorize outfits by their intended use – work, date, casual, formal, etc. At this point you’ve got a record of your wardrobe right in your pocket.
- Pocket Closet has a built-in calendar that remembers what you wore when, or let’s you plan what you’ll wear in the future. Simply tap on a date, choose your outfit and never wonder again, “When was the last time I wore that shirt?” And you can also easily search through your wardrobe.
- A fun feature is “Suggest Outfit”. Enter what type of outfit you want and give the phone a quick shake. The screen spins like a slot machine and stops on an outfit that the app picks for you.
- If you are still feeling unsure about the outfit you have picked out, let your friends know what is in your wardrobe or what you’re wearing. With just a few taps, Pocket Closet will send them an email, and they can view the items you’ve shared on the Web.
One of the most popular fashion powerhouse has an application that would keep fans and fashionistas alike delighted. The latest Chanel app is specific to the Fall/Winter 2010-2011 collection, and allows access to some very exclusive Chanel content.The main page will give you a video of the latest fashion show and the shortcuts allows you to browse through all of this season’s looks. In addition to the exclusive videos, the Chanel News link also gives you an up-to-date RSS news feed of various news stories. And just in case browsing through these goodies warrants a quick trip to the Chanel store, a store locator allows you to search for store by city and to map the location or call the store. Useful, or potentially bank-breaking? You decide!
Mardo’s Fashion Trivia
For everyone who has spends too much time on the commute and is constantly bored. Entertainment now comes in the simplest form: Trivia! Think you are the Ultimate Fashionista? Test your style skills with Lady Mardo’s Ultimate Fashion Trivia! This game contains hundreds of fashion-forward trivia questions across multiple genres of the industry. This edition lets you play 10 rounds plus a chance to answer the “Ultimate Fashion Trivia Question” for a standing ovation. Sometimes it’s really that easy to be entertained.
Fashion Sense is your indispensable shopping companion and your best friend, with a simple philosophy in mind: no more wasted money on ill-shped, incorrect fit, or ugly clothing, only helping you save money by buying the pieces that are worth it. This simple application will redefine shopping in ways you cannot imagine! (and also won’t make criticisms like a friend would)
Fashion Sense will teach you how to dress for the shape of your body using the same time tested rules celebrity stylists follow to keep the stars looking their best. With one tap, you will be provided expert advice on the nine classic wardrobe pieces every woman should own. Once you have the basics down, come back for additional wardrobe pieces and fit advice. Fashion Sense is designed to grow along with you. In this way, you are essentially being madeover by industry experts! Such an incredible bargain for an inexpensive application like this!
Sex and the City: Carrie’s Closet
Unfortunately this application doesn’t allow you a peek into the decadence of Carrie Bradshaw’s closet. Shame! What it does, however, is allow you to create your own couture. You can photograph and share your favorite fashion ensembles with friends. Need advice on a particular outfit? Take pictures of items you have and store them. Out shopping and see an item you re contemplating on getting? Upload a photo and iAfnvite your pals to provide feedback. After all, sometimes planning the perfect outfit requires a team effort!
While you’re whipping your wardrobe into shape, check out the Sex and the City media gallery and listen to music from the soundtrack. If you’re like Carrie Bradshaw and love to shop, you can use this app to create a Wishlist of all of the Sex and the City content you want to own! You may not have the closet of Carrie Bradshaw, but with this handy little guide awashed with the classy hues of plum, you will feel like a million bucks too.