How many of us are blessed with perfect skin that requires no foundation? More than often not, the only way to enjoy that flawless look is to fake it with foundation and concealer.
It’s not easy to achieve that perfect foundation shade – where do we even begin when confronted by the dozens of brands and the even more complex ranges of foundation shades? In addition, we have to contend with pesky problems like coverage, makeup flaking and oxidation. Principal make-up artist of Blush2Brushes, Jackie Sitoh, shares with us essential foundation tips that every girl should know and remember!
- Oxidation occurs fairly frequently and quickly in foundation, especially in our humid environment. Once mixed with the natural oils in our skin, the foundation turns to a darker shade, making our complexion look unnatural and dull. To counteract this, it’s best to use a primer before application of foundation.
- Concealor is generally used on top of a foundation and is best applied with a fine brush. Pick little and apply in thin layer.
- It is best to apply concealer in thin layers and this will give a natural finish. Too much concealer applied on one spot may end up in cracking which only enhances the imperfection.
- Remember to apply the concealor (usually one or two shades lighter than the foundation ) directly only at the imperfection. Any excess will only serve to highlight the imperfection.
- Finish off the makeup with translucent loose powder to give a well blended and natural appearance.