As we age, our bodies produce less collagen. Collagen gives our skin the elasticity and plumpness for that youthful look. When our skin loses collagen, we will start to look older and more haggard as we lose volume and plumpness on our face.
The areas below my cheekbones were looking sunken due to collagen loss, and I’ve often felt that my sunken cheeks made me look tired and worn-down. I longed for a treatment that could add some volume to my face for more contour and definition to regain my youthful look. I went to The Clifford Clinic and did a short consultation with celebrity doctor Dr. Gerard Ee, hoping that he could address my problems. Upon looking at my face, he immediately realised what I needed.
Dr. Gerard Ee gave me 2 options to fill up my sunken cheeks. Dr. Ee told me that both Sculptura and Ellanse can improve my sunken cheeks and add more volume to my face. However, he strongly recommended Ellanse as the result will be more natural.
What is Ellanse?
ELLANSÉ® fillers works differently and naturally.
Thanks to its unique properties, it not only corrects wrinkles and folds but also stimulates your own collagen production to really treat the underlying causes of facial ageing. The effects are gradual and longer-lasting, giving you a natural, youthful appearance.
Both Sculptra and Ellanse fillers help to stimulate collagen. When there's collagen, your face will naturally look plumper.
How is it different from other collagen-stimulators?
1. Sculptra collagen stimulators need 3-4 weeks to see the effects, whereas Ellanse has an immediate filling effect while waiting for the new collagen to be produced (in this case, Ellanse is similar to Radiesse).
2. Sculptra fills up a zone/area of the face for general collagen stimulation, whereas Ellanse can be used to fill up a zone/area as well as for precise contouring (like the nose bridge and chin).
3. Sculptra needs 3-4 sessions of treatment for the results to last 2 years, whereas 1 session of Ellanse treatment can last from 2-5 years (including the collagen produced that lasts for an extra 0.5-1 year on top of the longevity of Ellanse.)
4. For Sculptra, you need to massage the treated areas for 5 days post-treatment whereas Ellanse doesn’t require any massage.
5. Other collagen-stimulators last around 1-2 years, but Ellanse can last up to 4 years.
I was hoping to achieve an immediate effect of a plumper face and I was so happy when Dr. Ee told me that Ellanse can give me instant results!
I guess most of us love aesthetic procedures that give immediate effect and does not have any downtime, isn't it?
The process of the Ellanse treatment to fill up my sunken cheeks is simple and non-invasive. Anaesthetic cream is first applied to numb my face so I don’t have to feel the needles pricks. After that, Dr. Ee assessed my face for potential sunken areas. During the injection process, I was able to chat with Dr. Ee while he did the injections on my cheeks. Pain level was 1/10 !
Look at the outcome after my Ellanse treatment.
I love the immediate effect so so much! And the best part about this collagen stimulator is that it does not have any downtime!
No bruises, no swelling on my face.
Isn’t that the best way to start my 2020?
Ellanse lasts much longer than other fillers and thus, the injection of Ellanse has to be precise, accurate, and safe to avoid any short-term or long-term complications. The doctor offering Ellanse must be extremely competent in fillers injections.
And this also the reason why I chose Dr. Gerard Ee from Clifford Clinic. I have been with him for a few years and I would say that he is really an experienced aesthetic doctor.
I love the subtle change that Dr. Ee gave me with the help of Ellanse. The outcome I get from every procedure helps me gain more confidence.
Eradicating a tired look and achieving a well-rested face has always been a constant challenge for me. I’m so glad that Dr. Ee gave me the best solution and I finally solved my problem!
The Clifford Clinic
24 Raffles Place
#01-03 Clifford Centre
(Exit A from Raffles MRT)
Mon to Fri: 10 am to 8pm
Sat: 10 am to 5pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Call Us: (65) 6532 2400
Whatsapp: (65) 8318 6332