Less is more! Too much make-up piled on may backfire your plan in ‘beautifying’ yourself. Enhance your features, not conceal them, save for blemishes, that is. Here are 10 of my personal tips for the au naturale look.
1. If you have great skin, try to skip the foundation and opt for a tinted moisturiser instead. And if you have blemishes, just pat the concealer lightly over them.
2. But if you must, do remember to choose the appropriate and right colour shade for your foundation. Those with wrong colour shades which can obviously be seen by comparing the face and the neck or arms would tell you that they do not look natural at all. I have seen so many girls with a shade too light from their natural colour skin, especially in photographs where the background is dark and flash lights are required. A major turn-off.
3. Skip the fake eyelashes and just apply the eyeliner thinly on the top eyelids only. Your eyes are still enhanced but not as dramatic.
4. Opt for brown eyeliner instead of black to tone down the darkness and strength.
5. If your eyelashes are too sparse and short to be enhanced, opt for thinner, shorter and more natural looking fake eyelashes.
6. If you have naturally long lashes, stick to applying just one coat of mascara and curl your eyelashes.
7. Avoid dark coloured eye shadows. In fact, avoid eye shadows completely.
8. Now, you need to look radiant with glowing skin. Shimmering and highlighting would do the trick. Light up your face with a few light dabs: on your brow bone and in the corners of your eyes to open up your peepers, and along your cheekbones to give your skin a sexy sheen. Remember not to overdo it or you will look too shiny.
9. For rosy cheeks, the trick is to opt for a cream or liquid blushers instead of powered ones for a more natural, blended look.
10. Skip the lipsticks and just smack on lipgloss (sheer pink/colourless) or lipbalm!